Deck the halls with Mini Caprese Pizza Wreaths….
…yes, pizza wreaths.
What more could a runner ask for at a holiday party than festive personal pizzas? The best part, they’re ridiculously simple to make.
Actually so simple, you’ll wonder why you didn’t think of making this holiday appetizer sooner.
All you need is a plate, some English muffins, mozzarella, fresh tomatoes and basil (along with some garnish, of course) to make this easy peasy appetizer that sure to be a party pleaser.
Caprese Pizza Holiday Wreath
- 3 gluten free english muffins, halved
- 6 tbsp olive oil or basil olive oil
- 6 slices of mozzarella cheese
- 6-7 grape tomatoes, halved
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Fresh rosemary, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Top each muffin with 1 tbsp olive oil and spread evenly then place mozzarella slices on top.
- Evenly distribute tomato halves on top of the mozzarella.
- Place in oven for approximately 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and top each muffin with fresh chopped basil while still hot.
- Carefully place rosemary on the outer edge of a circular plate in a circular pattern.
- Plate the muffins on top of the rosemary to form a wreath.
- Garnish the middle with 2 whole basil leaves and sliced tomatoes, if desired.