Part of the fun of the holidays, besides all the food, is enjoying festive drinks with your friends and family. Whether they’re cocktails or mocktails, festive drinks are much more fun than your typical wine or beer.
Problem is, they are generally full of added sugars (ahem, “martinis”) or lots of dairy (looking at you, eggnog) which can doesn’t leave much room for all the dessert later.
Of course that doesn’t mean that you can’t be merry but instead try something like this Sparkling Spiced Cranberry Cocktail that will make you feel cheery and bright with busting a button on your party pants before pie time.
- Party or clear ice
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 orange, zested
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 bottle of sparkling cider*
- Ground cinnamon-sugar, to rim each glass
- Combine everything except the cinnamon-sugar mix into a large pitcher and stir well.
- Using an orange wedge, moisten the rim of each glass then dip the rim into the cinnamon-sugar.
- Pour cocktail in glasses and garnish with fresh orange wedges and cranberries, if desired.
*For a cocktail version, use prosecco instead of sparkling cider.
Recipe courtesy of Annmarie Licatese, The Fit Foodie Mamma, a Ragnar Relay Ambassador and stay at home mom turned momtrepreneur who is an expert in making kitchen messes and taking juice box orders all while blogging like a boss and squatting at the same time. Follow her on Instagram.