When it comes to desserts at Thanksgiving, there’s usually an array to choose from. Apple pie, cherry pie and of course, pumpkin pie. PR’s are cool but trying to fit them, #allthepies on one plate and bust the button on your pants sounds more like a recipe for disaster than an accomplishment.
Instead, whip up these cute little crustless pumpkin pies and enjoy moderately. Not only are they allergy friendly (totally dairy and gluten free) but they’re also super simple to make not to mention fun and festive!
For the pie:
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin pie puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice extract
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 3 medjool dates
- ¼ cup dairy free milk
- 3 gluten free graham crackers, crushed
For the whipped cream:
- 1 full fat can coconut milk, chilled
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp maple extract
- In a medium bowl, mix together all the ingredients except the graham crackers and place in fridge while preparing whipped cream.
- Using a whisk or hand mixer, whip together the solids from the can with the maple syrup and extract and whip until peaks form.
- Assemble the “pies” by distributing and pressing the crushed graham crackers in parfait dishes then layer whipped cream, pie filling and top with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Annmarie Licatese, The Fit Foodie Mamma, a Ragnar Relay Ambassador and stay at home mom turned momtrepreneur who is an expert in making kitchen messes and taking juice box orders all while blogging like a boss and squatting at the same time. Follow her on Instagram.