Introducing Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Protein Bars: The yumminess of chocolate combined with the seasonal Fall flavors of pumpkin. What more could you want out of life this October?
Oh and did we mention, these delicious treats are gluten free, paleo, vegan? #PracticallyHealthy. This simple six-ingredient recipe can be made in as little as 25 minutes or less – great for runners and people who are always on the go! They’re sweetened with maple syrup along with some vegan chocolate chips and are packed with plant protein which makes them perfect as a post-workout snack or treat! See below for the recipe.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Protein Bars
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 cup raw almond butter
- 1 30 gram scoop vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or raw honey if not vegan)
- 1 flax egg (or regular egg if not vegan)
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips (Or regular chocolate chips if not vegan)
- Additional chocolate for drizzling, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together pumpkin, almond butter, protein powder, maple syrup, flax egg and baking soda.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon into an 8×8 baking dish. Batter will be thick so be sure to even it out.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes.
- Remove, let cool then cut into squares
- While cooling, heat 1 oz of broken white chocolate pieces in the microwave 20 seconds at a time until melted.
- Drizzle chocolate on top of each bar with a spoon.
Recipe courtesy of Annmarie Licatese, The Fit Foodie Mamma, a Ragnar Relay Ambassador and stay at home mom turned momtrepreneur who is an expert in making kitchen messes and taking juice box orders all while blogging like a boss and squatting at the same time. Follow her on Instagram.