It’s 3:00am, pitch black and you’re somewhere in the middle of what could be a mountain range, corn field or lake. Oh, and it’s your turn to run. So dawn your safety vest, headlamp, tail light and embrace your innerWILD, here are ten things you experience during a Reebok Ragnar Relay night run.
1. Straight up denial. Your body is supposed to be in bed at this hour.
2. Nerves. For a moment you realize you have no idea what you’re getting yourself into.
3. A little bit of fear. Isn’t there a reason you were afraid of the dark as a kid?
4. You swear you hear something in the bushes. Bear? Snake? Sasquatch?
5. So, it seems like a good time to pick up the pace.
6. You look up and notice the stars.
7. You realize how calm you are.
8. Then you start having fun.
9. Before you know it, you see the lights of the exchange in the distance and know that you’re almost at the finish.
10. Then you report back how awesome a night run is!
Ready to try a night run at a Ragnar Relay? Find a race here.